Rusty Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rusty Wire

Took this recently - rather liked the colour of the wire.
    Eos20D with Sigma 150 macro

Re: Rusty Wire

Hello Diana;

You haven't asked for any C&C; so if you want me to remove this post; don't hesitate to say so!

My two cents;
    - The image is very noisy; could do with passing through some noise reduction software such as Noise Ninja or Neat Image.
    - To me, it looks over-saturated; colours are way too rich for reality; although you may have set out to achieve that.
    - I think you lose the impact of the image because the 'barbs' are OOF. I would try stepping back a tad, winding down the aperture to a very narrow f/22 or so, to get maximum depth-of-field here, and then re-cropping the image back to where you want it.
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Re: Rusty Wire

No, I am more than pleased to receive criticism - will never learn without it! I think it became over-saturated by degrees - the 'just a little bit more' syndrome! It was also rather a spur of the moment shot - in bad light and no tripod so was trying to use a higher speed. Now with the 7d I can use a higher iso, hopefully, and cut out the noise. Excuses, excuses!
      I will try and work on it and re-post.
      But thanks againfor oyour help!

Comment

Working...
      X