Moth Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moth Balls

I saw this guy hovering around and eventually for some reason he landed on an Orchid flower. Which to me just looks so very magical and glittery. But I'm not sure what I think of the pic as a whole. Any C+C welcome. Also, anyone know the ID of it? I thought it was a Tiger Moth after googling, but it didnt seem the same. As this guy had black specles on the wings.

Thanks for looking
    Shane.

EXIF INFO:
    Canon EOS 450D
    Sigma 105mm Lens
    Exp: 1/200"
    F25
    ISO 100
    Last edited by Proppa; 06-06-2010, 10:14.

Re: Moth Balls

Hmmm 20 views and no comments..... I also have no idea what it is apart from a black legged ball of furry stuff.
    Nice detail in the fur and well done for having a go.

David
    David

Comment

I am guessing looking at the antenna it is a female, the male's I believe are normally bigger

Comment

Looks like an Ermine Moth to me.........
        Regards
        Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
        7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
        24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Can't help with the ID - but if it was taken in the UK, the guys on here may be able to help... UK Moths...

As for the image; good detail in the fur, but doesn't do too much for me I'm afraid. I'd rather have seen some more of the moth from the side I think...
          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Working...
          X