Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The insects meal.

Hi all,

I have a few images showing for insect having their meal.

Hope everyone enjoy viewing all this images. All images was taken using Canon EOS 40D with Tamron 180mm f/3.5 1:1 Macro lens. Mounted in Tropol. No use of ext flash, all 3 images was taken using nature sunlight with a help of a silver reflecter.

Best Regards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by peteryeo; 24-08-2009, 14:07.

Re: The insects meal.

Hi all,

I am so sad today. Open this forum and found nobody have reply to my post. I thought after so many days and view by so many peoples, there must have like or unlike, but not a single soul give a comments and maybe some critiques, I personal believer there must have a lot of.

As you know a free time photographer like myself is alway use our lovely single mins of our free time to photography the wonderful moment and post it on any forums like this. Main idea was to hear some courageous to move on or some critiques to improve in future. If nothing we feel very sad.

Best Regards

Comment

Sorry you are so sad Peter. If it helps, I really enjoyed looking at your photographs.

Cheers
      Mike

Comment

Hi Peter,

nobody have reply to my post. I thought after so many days and view by so many peoples, there must have like or unlike, but not a single soul give a comments and maybe some critiques.........
        It's a shame, but it sometimes happens. Your post gets 'hidden' below other posts and never gets noticed. I must admit I didn't see this first time round.

I made a resolution some time ago that for every image I post I'll comment on two others, but I'm afraid I find it difficult.

Your first image looks a bit over exposed but you've captured the spider's eyes perfectly.

The second one would be better if the focus had been on the head of the mantis (?) rather than it's body, but it's still a good capture.

The third one is most interesting to me, because most spiders I've seen aren't interested in bees or wasps, and if they catch them they cut out that particular piece of web and discard them.

Thanks for posting and being so patient :)

Regards,

Stuart
        Comment and Criticism welcome.
        Edits OK as long as they're not B&W conversions.

Comment

This isn't Flickr mate!

Nice images though.

Comment

I love the first picture, jumping spiders are one of my favourites! They make an excellent subject, such intelligence in those huge eyes!
            The third picture is a great capture as well.
            Where did you find your subjects?
            They only praying mantid anywhere near here is in a plastic tank in my bedroom!
            How big was the jumping spider?

Comment

Originally posted by peteryeo View Post
              Hi all,

I am so sad today. Open this forum and found nobody have reply to my post. I thought after so many days and view by so many peoples, there must have like or unlike, but not a single soul give a comments and maybe some critiques, I personal believer there must have a lot of.

As you know a free time photographer like myself is alway use our lovely single mins of our free time to photography the wonderful moment and post it on any forums like this. Main idea was to hear some courageous to move on or some critiques to improve in future. If nothing we feel very sad.

Best Regards
              I sympathize... but... there are not as yet many people on this forum. This is not POTN forum that has thousands of members, with hundreds logged on at any one time (I just checked). It has taken 17 mins to get the last 30 posts on POTN, whereas here it has taken 9 hours! Some of that could be down to different time zones (mostly Americans on POTN), but they clearly have more members and it doesn't take long to get comments on your shots.

I wish more people would comment on images, it's an important way of learning how to take better shots yourself. There is a lot of talk on all fora about technical matters for cameras and lenses, which is all very well, but it doesn't really help you take better shots as much as discussing images does.

I think one of the problems is that I use 'latest posts' or 'todays posts' a lot. I rarely look at the whole forum from the top. That's OK if you catch a new thread, such as yours, at the right time in the queue, but it soon drops down the queue, and if no one else posts it then it will never come up in those queues and your thread goes unnoticed. Not sure what the answer is.

I like your shots, especially the consistent theme with all three (feeding).

Comment

I must admit - I did not like these shots!

I thought they were captured wonderfully and I love macro, i just hate ugly insects. Worse than that i hate seeing ugly insects eat other ugly insects!

That said - good set though, ps and welcome by the way!

Rob

Comment

love the mantis - such a great look from the corner of its eye!

Comment

Working...
                  X