Once a flower.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once a flower.

Taken at a similar time as the fly shot. I think my focusing is a little off... WDYT?

Taken with a full set of macro rings on my ever present 55-250mm is lens.

The seed head is from a clematis, the head it about 2cm across.. if that really
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Once a flower.

Very Nice shot i have same lens and trying out same sort of pictures i bought a set of close up lens 1x 2x 4x 10x they are a bit fiddly but getting some good results. Nice to see some pictures with the same set up. If you get a chance take alook at my close up let me know what you think. Still looking at investing in new Macro lens!.
    Living the dream 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T View Post
      Very Nice shot i have same lens and trying out same sort of pictures i bought a set of close up lens 1x 2x 4x 10x they are a bit fiddly but getting some good results. Nice to see some pictures with the same set up. If you get a chance take alook at my close up let me know what you think. Still looking at investing in new Macro lens!.
      Thanks.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

No, I think the focussing is fine - the in-focus part draws the eye in - I like to have just a small part in focus so the oof part accentuates the sharp bit - sorry , that's not very technical but hope you know what I mean! Also, it's not easy to get much in focus with those close-up lenses.
        Re. investing in Macro lens - I have a Sigma 150 which seems pretty good but is quite heavy. Not sure if the close up lenses are better than the extension rings - both a bit fiddly as you say, but give good results - I probably use the Macro lens more just because it is easier!

Comment

Working...
        X