Come... into my parlour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come... into my parlour.

Not to everyones's taste I know... and if your squeamish I apologise now.

I confess any other time I would have had attacked with the flat of my shoe first and asked questions later.

Came home from work and thought I'll have a sit outside - warm evening - and there it was with the web stretched from the washing line to a garden shrub with the spider sitting slap bang in the middle.

Tried with the 18-55 - couldn't get close enough, with out getting close.. if you know what I mean.. and had no intention of getting any closer than I had to. ran back into the house and put the kenko tubes on and my 55-250mm is lens.

Surprised my self here, the web moved about more than I thought it would.

WDYT?

500D - 55/250mm is lens - macro mode - hand held - all three kenko tubes - manual focus - camera flash - sligth contrast, saturation adding and sharpening afterwards.

also have to add... bare foot, looking down occassionally to see that I'd not knocked it onto the floor near me...
    Last edited by DeeGee; 28-09-2011, 19:46. Reason: spelling
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Come... into my parlour.

Well done nice detail

Comment

I don't know how you could, there was a dead one on my bed yeterday, so I tried to empty the duvet out of the window....didn't work, it landed on the floor - then the dog picked it up to give it to me (she's been trained to give to the hand) arrggghhhhh.

Its a brilliant image BTW, but I couldn't do it
      "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." — Marilyn Monroe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gypsy-/

Comment

Good for you Di , a nice result with the kit you were using
        My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

Some good detail in the photo, well done.
          Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Comment

Working...
          X