Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing at events

Hi guys

i been asked to do an event for a friend in the summer which is not a problem as i have done this type of work before but the one catch is he wants the photos printed and framed ready to sell at the end of the night which has made it slightly hard for me. i can print on site but i have never framed or offered a framing service. Now i have searched high and low for a company that supply fairly good looking generic black frames at a low whole sale cost can any one suggest a supplier that can help?

Re: Printing at events

Hmmm, having the photo's as a slide show on a screen, so that customers can order their prints and they are printed straight away is fairly conventional these days, but framing isn't. How many frames will you invest in and how many of each size and colour? I suspect that most people would prefer to choose their own frame to match the decor of the room where it will eventually be hung.

I would be happy to take the photo's and print them out at an event, probably even insert them into presentation folders, but I would walk away from framing.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

I#m with colin there - so many different frames to choose from you are not going to find one that everybody will like. much better to put it in a presentation folder and let them get their own frame

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

I assume you still have to take a range of paper sizes (from 5x4 to A3+) with a range of finishes ... and folders to take them?

... and a spare set of tanks.

I leave framing to the experts ... never managed to make a good job (two left hands ;-)).

Comment

Just joined so a few months late! Maybe cardboard frames could be a wayout? Bit like the frames used by schools
          EOS 5D I --- EOS 5D II --- 16-35L --- 24-70L --- 70-200L --- 100-400L

Comment

As a former sales manager with a framing equipment, mouldings, mount card etc.. company this would be a bad idea.
            Mounted, framed and glass in quanties would weigh too much to be practical.
            How many do you order? 100, 500, 1000 and sell just 20 ?.

The best idea is as Carlo has suggested above, cardboard frames as we all had from school.
            They are inexpensive, light, effective and easily carried and stored.

Comment

Maybe cardboard frames could be a wayout? Bit like the frames used by schools
              This is how we printed and framed at a local rugby festival. We just printed 9x6 and framed in cardboard frames we also had a selection on show for people to view, we also had sales people (3) 2 selling and 1 printing.

Paul
              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
              Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Hmmm i like to printing on events i don't know how to print but i like to printing and i am also goes to visit every printing events were the
                artists are prints very great printing this is amazing and awesome printings are hang in this events
                Shop Fronts

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
                  This is how we printed and framed at a local rugby festival. We just printed 9x6 and framed in cardboard frames we also had a selection on show for people to view, we also had sales people (3) 2 selling and 1 printing.

Paul

Thats how I do it too at pony shows with 3 or 4 rings going it would be to hectic to offer any thing else unless you ave a very big team
                  The most important thing is to know what’s important .

Wedding, Commercial and Portrait Photographer covering Somerset and Dorset
                  Call me 07761926172 or Visit: www.edcrowther.com

Comment

Working...
                  X