X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or not how to make money ????

What ever next

The link no longer works
    Last edited by rhodopsin; 22-04-2011, 22:29.
    rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Re: Or not how to make money ????

http://www.suomenluonto.fi/bbcs-natu...ud-allegations

Its not looking to go for Mr Rodriguez from this article from Finland

Comment

Whatever happened to the judge's decision being final?

Is this section about commercial photography (making money) or news of alleged cheating in wildlife comps ?

That's a serious question for the mods BTW

Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
        Whatever happened to the judge's decision being final?

Is this section about commercial photography (making money) or news of alleged cheating in wildlife comps ?

That's a serious question for the mods BTW

Millie
        Show me the “News Section” of the forum and I'll post it there.

In the mean time this was the most appropriate area of this forum to let "Photoshop" type program users know that they should not be too creative with there images.

Back in 2004 I was introduced to a photographer who made his money in the early days of digital photography. He used to manipulate motor racing images by digitally lifting motor racing cars off the racing surface (i.e. jumping) or adding flame outs to the exhausts when it was physically impossible. He occasionally turns up track side but has been banned from most of the British racing circuits that know him.

"Art For Art Sake" I can't see the problem with using Photoshop etc. to alter images to be creative and make money. If this image is entered into a competition, does it matter that is has been altered - I'm not sure. Painters enter images into competitions and they don't get accused that the image isn't original - do they?

Personally, I try to get the image I want with the camera and associated equipment, but it's not always possible. Therefore I will sometimes use Photoshop to correct an image. But I will always let the Client know it has been altered and let them have both the original and corrected images if they require them.
        Last edited by rhodopsin; 23-12-2009, 01:32.
        rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

I think in this case the guy snapped a tame woliff and implied it was wild (allegedly).

Millie

Comment

Yes, I think this is entirely about 'manipulation' of the competition rules rather than any Photoshop manipulation and whilst I have made a living from photography, both film and digital, ALWAYS using creative manipulation (with film/darkroom work for many years before digital too), the rules of the competition were clear!

Comment

The way to make money is to esnure you are at events where you are sure that there no good photographers around- like for example church events, special concerts etc. I make it a point to take photographs at these events such as christenings,confirmations, the Padre's 60th birthday bash and so on. These photos are printed and put out for sale on the church notice board BUT ALL proceeds are given by me towards Church funds. I absorb the costs of printing the digital photos. So this is how NOT to make money but I am very happy to do this.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
              X