Alamy - Getting started and what to expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alamy - Getting started and what to expect

It may alarm folk to know that my highest grossing image £134 was a picture of my condensing boiler. Nothing special, just a quick snap. So anything can sell, you just need to think like a buyer and not a photographer.
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

I don't want to disappoint you Pilgrim, but I think that the 23 hours is processing time to get the images into the QC queue. Once in the queue, QC processing can take up to a week. As noted earlier in this thread the first ever batch from a new contributor is usually processed quite quickly. The process slows markedly after that.............Yep, my batch went through yesterday bout a week since I uploaded them.
      there seems to be no rhyme or reason for QC times. I uploaded a batch on 27 Nov and they werent passed until yesterday. I uploaded a further batch yesterday and they passed QC today - less than 24 hours

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
        It may alarm folk to know that my highest grossing image £134 was a picture of my condensing boiler. Nothing special, just a quick snap. So anything can sell, you just need to think like a buyer and not a photographer.
        Well, it just goes to show that it may be worth while uploading and waiting. You never know! Out of interest, what was your cut from the sale price?
        Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
        http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
        https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Could i ask you guys, may be to put a link to your alamy page, it might be useful for myself and others like me who still debating about it or not.
          Raj
          Raj
          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by AndyA View Post
            Well, it just goes to show that it may be worth while uploading and waiting. You never know! Out of interest, what was your cut from the sale price?
            Andy it's a 50% split on sales. Used to be 60/40 in favour of the photographer.
            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
            www.campsie.photography

Comment

My second batch of images went through quality control even quicker than the first batch - well under 24 hours! I've only just had time to keyword the images today and I have now got this message: Ready (awaiting Alamy’s search engine update). As far as I can see that's my bit done and I just have to wait and see if anyone looks at the images.

I also checked my Shutterstock account again and I'm now up to 6 images sold for a grand total of $1.50. Haha!
              Canon 5DMKII | Canon 550D | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 35 f/2 IS USM | EF 85 f/1.8 USM | Speedlite 430EX II | 2x Yongnuo YN-622C | MacBook Pro 2.7GHz i7 | Lightroom 5 | Hama Traveller Mini Pro Tripod | Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400W | Flickr | 500px | Website

Comment

I sold a picture the other day. $47 isn't much, but it helps. Waiting for a sale to come through from a newspaper deal in July. It takes blooming ages. Also sold 7 pictures Via Corbis last week to the Guardian. I was very please with that.
                Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                www.campsie.photography

Comment

I`ve been a member for a while but only uploaded a few photos, but from memory have never been asked for any bank details, and while i think of it, is there an idiot guide to posting photos for such things any tagging that may be required, thanks Harvey

Comment

I find that selling pics for peanuts is a downer with me. I'd rather get a few good £pounds for my pics direct with the client rather than via an agency. My humble opinion of course. I think word of mouth and a few good credits in local papers,mags and similar brings requests to take photographs. I am a member of Alamy but no luck so far.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by glider64 View Post
                      I`ve been a member for a while but only uploaded a few photos, but from memory have never been asked for any bank details, and while i think of it, is there an idiot guide to posting photos for such things any tagging that may be required, thanks Harvey
                      You need to enter the bank details in a separate area of the My Alamy part.
                      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
                        You need to enter the bank details in a separate area of the My Alamy part.
                        Thanks i`ve since found it .but am having real problems getting my images to the correct size, i thought i`d just save and converted in dpp originally

Comment

Originally posted by glider64 View Post
                          Thanks i`ve since found it .but am having real problems getting my images to the correct size, i thought i`d just save and converted in dpp originally
                          If saving out of DPP just make sure you're exporting at the full size. I think there's a wee slider for Image size on there and it has to be 10. I shoot RAW then convert to JPG and AdobeRGB for Alamy in DPP. Never had bother with image size even with the 1D3 10MP images. :)
                          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                          www.campsie.photography

Comment

I have some images with people in them and when i asked if the person if they minded me using the image they were ok with it, but i didn`t get a release form signed(not that i know what that should be anyway) is there any way round this?

Comment

A verbal agreement doesn't sit with Alamy and their clients I'm afraid. It's always best to get a signed model release. It can still be licensed but must be under an RM license and usually sold to under editorial terms, to the media. It commands quite a small fee and to date I haven't licensed anything over £10 in those types of images.
                              Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                              www.campsie.photography

Comment

Me again, i only presently have 75 images on alamy and obviously don`t have plans to retire just yet , but i`ve noticed i have only had 7 looks ,is there a method to getting more views of my images? Harvey

Comment

Working...
                                X