Photogrpahy-Event Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photogrpahy-Event Website

Can anyone recommend a good company for web design? I want to put up a site to display wedding and event photos so that the customer can view, select and order the photos they want.

www.photobiz.com is one and www.bludomain.com is another but I wsould like at least two or threee others to compare. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by garboy; 12-02-2010, 18:36. Reason: Spelled "Photography" incorrectly in the title

Re: Photogrpahy-Event Website

Do it yourself - it's more fun and very satisfying.

Jalbum is one of the best tools I've found for displaying my images and Dreamweaver for the basic web design of my site. Streamline offer a reasonable price on vaious different server and domain packages.
    rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

Do it yourself - it's more fun and very satisfying
      I would totally agree,
      I think in this day and age, if you're a photographer you should know about a bit about web-design - and the promotion off them.

If you don't mind having a site like several tens of thousands of others you could try googling "click pic" or "photium".

I had a designer do my site originally, then after paying £35 every time I wanted to add a pictures, they convinced me to have a CMS system.

@ Garboy
      The webistes you've linked to in ( both your 2 posts) are both USA based.
      I'm UK based, and I like my web designer to be in the same time zone.
      Better for urgent support, and phoning is cost effective.

Millie

Comment

Hi,

This was a question I was going to ask at some point. I guess I like the idea of doing it myself and would definitely prefer that over an off-the-shelf one. The problem is I'm not sure how I'd go about doing the more advanced bit like username/password protected albums and then of course the e-commerce bit!

To be honest, I haven't done much research yet, other than using iweb on my mac!! but having just looked at some of clickpic's clients websites they do look very good and their prices look reasonable. At first glance, it does seem to be a no brainer :-)

Dan
        “Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.” John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by rhodopsin View Post
          Do it yourself - it's more fun and very satisfying.

Jalbum is one of the best tools I've found for displaying my images and Dreamweaver for the basic web design of my site. Streamline offer a reasonable price on vaious different server and domain packages.
          Yes I agree 100%

Stand out from the crowed and do it yourself, some very cheap and god hosting packages out the, I use one.com.

Comment

Working...
          X