Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You all want to read this

It is disturbing in the least!!

Though how they intend to allow the infringment of copyright on images that may well hold copyright legally in other countries is beyond me and on none UK doman sites, surely that person could haul the UK over coals in the courts over the legality of it.....

Its a bit like saying murder is legal in the UK then expecting say the USA to agree when you murder one of their citizens in the USA.
    Last edited by TonyT; 19-02-2010, 15:54.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Re: You all want to read this

Sounds like it is time for a new file format which embeds copyright information encrypted securely into the image, but linked to digital certificates to prove ownership...It woulld be done in such a way that if you can still see the image, it will still have enough information to identify the owner.....if you see what I mean. It just requires someone like Adobe to make the capability available in their software or a camera manufacturer to create a secure RAW file format. I know some software already has some capabiliity to embed ownership, but I doubt if any of it is totally secure.

Comment

Re: You all want to read this

Originally posted by sandyn111 View Post
      Sounds like it is time for a new file format which embeds copyright information encrypted securely into the image, but linked to digital certificates to prove ownership...It woulld be done in such a way that if you can still see the image, it will still have enough information to identify the owner.....if you see what I mean. It just requires someone like Adobe to make the capability available in their software or a camera manufacturer to create a secure RAW file format. I know some software already has some capabiliity to embed ownership, but I doubt if any of it is totally secure.

I think filling in your EXIF and ITPC metadata will be more than good enough, if there are going to edit that then they will steal your image no matter what.

Canon do a Data Security Kit

verification kit enhances security by providing image data encryption and decryption features in addition to a verification function that authenticates image originality. OSK-E3 is compatible with Windows Vista/XP/2000 and USB 2.0 High-Speed
      Note: Currently only compatible with EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1D Mark IV
      Last edited by Mark; 22-03-2010, 21:58.

Comment

Working...
      X