My first step.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first step.

I have post a couple of photos to a couple of Online site but I have never had much luck getting them accepted.

So have taken a random step I had taken a photo of a local church and the photo come out alright, so i bought some 160gsm A5 photo paper and taken the step of printing out 10 copies and going back and leaving them with all the other stuff they have to sell.

I'm not wanting any money for them it so people can taken them if they like they can donate to the church and hope my name may grow in the local area.
    EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Re: My first step.

Sounds like a good idea if you don`t mind not making any money & have the satisfaction of your pictures making money for the church. You could also apply this approach with local charities too!
    Regards Eddie.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I was taking some photos a couple of weeks ago when a local resident came out to me and started talking to me about there local calender and gave me a leaflet I have emailed the person in question, and have been told i have missed this years calender but she will get back to me in due course so fingers crossed
      EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

Hi Ricewind

Seems a good idea,the more people you get in contact with the better as it puts your name out there and people can see what you do.
        I got into HU17 MAG/WEBSITE, from taking sports pictures for my local papers,As i got to know the other photographers they started to put work my way,sometimes its not what you know but who you know.

Paul.
        Last edited by paul linton; 13-05-2011, 14:09.
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Hi.

I think its a wonderful idea to leave the prints. Getting your name out there. Hopefully the calendar may build into something as well. You never know something may come of it.

Most I've done is send a picture of my dog to the local free paper, out of which so many where picked to appear in the paper and the winners from those, got a tshirt with the picture on front of it. I got a tshirt.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
            sometimes its not what you know but who you know..
            Or, as my late father used to say: "It's what you know about who you know..."

Sorry - couldn't resist.
            “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
            "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
            "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
            "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Working...
            X