The Girl from Nowhere - a film noir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Girl from Nowhere - a film noir

To celebrate a great friend's birthday, I am posting a film we made together.

Amsterdam had been misty for a week. I kept thinking I should use the weather to make a film noir, but never did. The mist would lift the moment I typed THE END. That's what I told myself. I finally went for it. Wrote a simple story and we made an appointment for the following night. I got a colleague to help and managed to find a girl four hours before shouting action.

I never shout action, but that's another story.

Camera was the trusty Canon EOS 60D and pretty much all (if not all) was shot through the 50mm 1.8 lens. There may be a couple of wide shots using the 18-135mm f4-56 IS, but I'm not sure.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOB!
    myTube
    Twitter: @VilliAsgeirsson
    Canon EOS 60D - 50mm f1.8 - 50mm f1.4 - 18-135mm f4-5.6 - 100mm f2.8 macro - Speedlite 480EX - Canon EOS 500D

Re: The Girl from Nowhere - a film noir

Nicely done

Tom

Comment

Very nicely done ... but did you post this video a few months ago?
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thank you,Tom and Stephen.

I may very well have posted it here shortly after it was made. A music video coughed up in similar fashion to this was featured in EOS Magazine sometime last year. I was quite active in the Movie forum at the time.

One thing I know you haven't seen is this Ultravox video.

As usual, shot with the 60D and 50mm 1.8 except the driving shots. They were mostly shot through the 18-135mm IS lens.
        myTube
        Canon EOS 60D - 50mm f1.8 - 50mm f1.4 - 18-135mm f4-5.6 - 100mm f2.8 macro - Speedlite 480EX - Canon EOS 500D

Comment

One thing I know you haven't seen is this Ultravox video
          excellent
          Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
          Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Are the drawings from your storyboard? Or are they done with a post processing plugin?
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

The drawings were... drawn, and scanned. Frame by frame. Nothing techie about it.
              myTube

Comment

Excelent Villi. Shows also what a good camera the Canon 60d is.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                X