Software to view movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software to view movies

Hi all, Does anyone know of some software that can view the movies and edit, as there is nothing that comes with the camera, I have not looked at Canon site yet for a download. Something -free- would be best as I will only ever "play" at movies.

Ref quality from previous posts, on my 5d mk2 its excellent.

chrs
    Bill

Re: Software to view movies

Me again, found a little read me that came with canon software, and it's done in zoombrowser.

Comment

Hello Bill

A friend of mine took a couple of movies when we were shooting wildlife on the Norfolk Broads. That was on a 5D MKII and the quality was excellent. Watching through a big HDTV and it was superb, the wildlife photographer left something to be desired though.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Hi Colin,

I took a few mins of movie whilst at a picnic with my partners mom and brother, cos they dont get together very often, and viewed it on the 19inch flat tv we have and it was very good, but I cant see myself using it very often. I'll stick it on a cd and be done with it. I can understand that it may push folk to try movies and canon might get more sales of movie camera's from it though.

chrs
        Bill

Comment

Hello Bill

Are you using a Windows PC or a Mac?
          I ask as you may have problems with playback or editing if you are using a Windows PC. If you have a Mac then iMovie will work fine.
          If you are using Windows I would use VLC for playback - this is a free program that you can find on the Internet and for editing Adobe Premier Elements although I would download the trial version before purchasing to check everything works okay.

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
          X