1D MK 1V Where are all the movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1D MK 1V Where are all the movies?

Hello, The 1d mk 1v supposedly has the capacity to create great movies and I've heard that several big budget films have actually used this very camera with more than a little success.
    I have 2 but never used them for movies and Id like to see the results but so far I cant find ANY clips shot using a mk 1v, I cant find out what editing suites are best suited for use with this camera either. Sure there are little clips on U tube but the quality is terribile and none that are backed up with facts and thats what I need.

So my question is - has anyone actually made a quality video in hd with a canon 1D mk 1V? AND what editing package was used?
    I would love to see the results of all these claims but alas I cant find any footage anywhere ! Can anyone show me some footage taken by a mk 1V that is as good as the manufacturer claims the camera can do and what editing software was used in its production? I'd be very grateful please ! Thanks, Louis

Re: 1D MK 1V Where are all the movies?

I have had mine since they first came out and keep meaning to use video, but I am too bbusy taking stills. When there is a reasonable subject in front of me, I never think to try video.

A friend used his on video when we were shooting on the Norfolk Broads and I was impressed with the results.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

This LINK has some information which may be of use to you. No mention of editing but it does have examples of video using the camera in question IHTH
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Hello Again and thanks to Colin and Peter, I'm impressed that you have taken the time to reply so thank you both. Now its fairly obvious that Peter has done a bit with video on the mk 1v, how else would you know of this brilliant link. I have been to the site Peter and its just what I'm looking for and if you have any more of the same then I look forward to seeing them. Meantime if anybody knows what editing suite works best with the 1d mk 1v I would love to hear from them.
        I have had 1d's since the early days and never seen myself as anything but a stills photographer but since everybody with a camera phone is now a professional photographer I want to explore what else this camera can do and maybe even take up video as another string to the bow.
        Thank you gentlemen for your remarks. Regards, Louis.

Comment

I've tried a couple with the 5D and they really do look nice - but I'm no videographer
          5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Go to www.vimeo.com and do a search for Canon 1d mk IV. It will take to a selection of short films taken on the 1D Mk IV
            EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Ian, Another complete gentleman, thank you! It's obvious I have no idea where to look but you guys have helped and I appreciate that. Any Idea's about editing suites that would work with this camera?

Louis.

Comment

Hi Louis
                A good movie editing software is Sony Vegas movie studio,I know Rare,a computer software company(do games for Xbox 360/PlayStation 3) shoot there promotional video using this software,and the cameras they use are EOS 5D MKII, Hope this might help in some way !!

Paul
                EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
                X