Went Deer Stalking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went Deer Stalking

Red Stag, the heather is rather drab this time of year,but it camoflaged the animal,took some finding.Hand held again with the 100-400L IS USM at full stretch.
    Attached Files
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Re: Went Deer Stalking

I like the composition amongst the heather but it looks a little soft and a little more contrast woulf give it some punch

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

How do I do that Stan?, still learning here. I 'm using a fast shutter speed when holding the lens as I struggle keeping it still

Burnie

Comment

How do I do that Stan?, still learning here. I 'm using a fast shutter speed when holding the lens as I struggle keeping it still

Burnie

Comment

I too have attempted to photgraph some deer, having seen others on the forum successfully get some good shots in. However I have had the oppositte problem to you, the only herd I'm aware of in my area is Margam Park near port talbot & swansea and stalking is not required as well over a hundred shots all have the back end or shouldes of another beast in frame. In fact there are so many of them constantly in close proximity it seems impossible to get a clear shot of a single animal without its mates spoiling the pictures.
          I suppose we can both only keep trying!!!!!
          Alun

Comment

Nice picture but the thumbnail presentation does it no justice at all. Alun100 there are also deer in Golden Grove. I to have done a little stalking but instead of deer it's usually dear, dear oh dear.
            Cheers
            Treff

Comment

Treff,it's not that good a picture in my opinion,still practising with the lens.Sure there will be a more colourfull opportunity in the late summer

Red Grouse on a bitter cold hill on the same day,just higher up,showing it's camoflage.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tigerburnie; 24-02-2012, 22:26.

Comment

Working...
              X