White Fallow Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Fallow Deer

Today i took the 500d with the 55-250mm to give it an airing and got lucky with these few shots. It would have been better if they had obliged and moved out of the long bracken but as there is more bracken than path it wasn't to be, there's always a next time! I think it time to start saving to upgrade that lens to a 70 - 200mm f4L still unsure to go with IS or not and save afew quid! As always C&C welcome. Dave

Fallow Deer by microwyred, on Flickr

White Fallow Deer by microwyred, on Flickr

White Fallow Deer by microwyred, on Flickr
    www.microwyred.co.uk

Re: White Fallow Deer

Lovely images - well done

Comment

Lovely set, wild creatures will never oblige and do what you want, but none the less these are well caught in their natural habitat, regarding your lens if you can stretch to the IS I would go for it, I did and never regretted it once, the shots here for example, woods can often be murky places 4 months of the year with IS you can keep ISO lower for quality, having said that a monopod is not as expensive.

Ray

Comment

Nice, I particularly like #1 and disagree that it would have been better if it had come out of the bracken. I think shots of wildlife in their camouflaged environment are far more pleasing. Well done!
        Martin
        Canon 7D,EFS 15-85 IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II

Comment

Do like number one. Hoorah for the 55-250
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Hi Guys thanks for the coments all greatly recieved.
            Raymond - Your advice is sound, i have a monopod which i have been using(not on this occassion) hence the idea of the non IS version.
            DeeGee - the 55-250 is a good lens and has served me well unfortunatly i bought the dreeded L(24 - 105) and have been hooked ever since.
            Applefan - I agree with you but a full shot would have been nice - next time!
            Cheers
            Dave.
            www.microwyred.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X