Scottish Wildcat at BWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scottish Wildcat at BWC

Had a good day at BWC as usual over the Bank holiday and decided to try for sone action shots of the wildcat. Any shot of these guys is quite difficult as you are shooting through netting which a barrier stops you getting close to. Anyway did have some success

This is a burst of 3 shots, all just with 70-200 f2.8, 1/1000, f4, ISO 800

Stan

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Scottish Wildcat at BWC

Love the 2nd shot. Looks like he/she is ready to fly away.

Tom

Comment

Great shots, love No1, looks like he's wearing a catchers mitt, look at the size of those paws.
      Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Like all cats ... even wildcats ... and this I really like. You can see his focus and concentration in them eyes.

I wish I was still in contact with a friend who has three Maine Coons ... now they are seriously large domestic moggies.

Comment

Great action shots Stan.
          I had the pleasure of seeing one of these beauties in the wild years ago while hillwalking in Perthshire.
          I was descending the mountain when I spotted something moving through the heather further down.
          My dog spotted it as well and we just sat and there watched it for a while before moving on.
          A sighting that will stay with me for ever

Mike
          www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Great set Stan.

Love #1, so sharp and a great pose! I've never been happy with my shots of the wildcats at BWC as you have to shoot through mesh, but you seem to have sorted out that little problem - I can't see any mesh at all! Well done!

I'm probably going to BWC on Sept 15, as I am dropping a friend at Gatwick for 11, so I'll spend the rest of the day at BWC!

All the best, Mike.
            flickr
            5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thanks for all your comments

love No1, looks like he's wearing a catchers mitt, look at the size of those paws.
              I had thought about calling it "What a save"
              I had the pleasure of seeing one of these beauties in the wild years ago while hillwalking in Perthshire.
              I was descending the mountain when I spotted something moving through the heather further down.
              My dog spotted it as well and we just sat and there watched it for a while before moving on.
              A sighting that will stay with me for ever
              something we are unlikely to ever see down south
              I've never been happy with my shots of the wildcats at BWC as you have to shoot through mesh, but you seem to have sorted out that little problem - I can't see any mesh at all! Well done!
              I dont think I ever got a shot either I was really happy with, you could always see at least a shadow of the mesh - I think using a wide aperture and panning may have helped with these

Stan

flickr

Comment

They are great Stan, especially number 1 and as you said, Great Save, by Peter Bonetti, Chelsea Goalkeeper in the 70's, for those of us who are old enough....Known as "The Cat"

Regards Paul

Comment

Nice ones Stan. I was at BWC Tuesday last week and got a couple of good shots through the black mesh when the cats were being fed. I must sort them out and post them.

David
                  David

Comment

Thanks Paul and David

Chelsea Goalkeeper in the 70's, for those of us who are old enough....Known as "The Cat"
                    thats what I was thinking of but couldnt remember his name

Stan

flickr

Comment

What an excellent capture that is Stan .
                      Reminds me of a goalkeeper trying to make the save.
                      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thanks Stephen

Stan

flickr

Comment

1 & 2 are absolutely blinding sire, never too old for your inner kitten

.DAVID.
                          Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Working...
                          X