Opera Singer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opera Singer

Sometimes I like to try the different and well here is different.

Hope you like it, also please feel free to comment/crit and ask, its how I learn and hopefully, if I can help.

Thanks,

0016_IMG.jpg

Re: Opera Singer

it looks like a fine pen and ink - but I don't like the just plain background. I like the water detail, I just don't like how it goes blank halfway up. I feel there should be some background, even if its only reeds. Hope that makes sense. Please feel free to ignore me.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Opera Singer

I can understand Di's critique, but I do like this image.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Di and Tom for the comments/crits.

I totally get what you mean Di and please, with me, never feel scared to say your say. It is as I have mentioned one way I learn the most. Photography for me is art and not everyone likes "your art" BUT you have to learn to try and get as many people as you can to like "you art" (hope it makes sense to you cause I have lost myself already )

Thanks again.

Comment

Now that is really different and well worth posting.
          I am with Tom on this and do like it because it is different and is your interpretation of what is really a large crocodile head out of water with an open mouth and a subject which must have been taken a million times in colour.

Please keep experimenting....
          David

Comment

I am with Tom and David on this. I like it as a work of art. Very nice and very well done. Reminded me of the "jumping crocs" I saw in Darwin whilst on a crocodile watching trip.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I'm with Di on the dead space above the croc's head, but there is something I like about it.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Ants - Anthony Robbins View Post
                Thanks Di and Tom for the comments/crits.

I totally get what you mean Di and please, with me, never feel scared to say your say. It is as I have mentioned one way I learn the most. Photography for me is art and not everyone likes "your art" BUT you have to learn to try and get as many people as you can to like "you art" (hope it makes sense to you cause I have lost myself already )

Thanks again.
                Breathes a sigh of relief... and yes it makes sense.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

I'm with everyone
                  Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                  Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

You, know that is what art is all about

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
                      I'm with everyone
                      Im with Stephen

Comment

I very much like the art/line drawing, so I hope you don't mind, I have extended it with a couple of tweaks: A little curves, crop, sharpen, move copyright and add a stroke to contain the shot. I will remove immediately if you do not like it.

Colin

Comment

Opera Singer

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                          I very much like the art/line drawing, so I hope you don't mind, I have extended it with a couple of tweaks: A little curves, crop, sharpen, move copyright and add a stroke to contain the shot. I will remove immediately if you do not like it.

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post

���� raj
                            Raj
                            Flickr

Comment

Thanks Colin for the different version.

Please with me never feel afraid to comment/crit or have a go with any of my images. I have no problem at all with it, as I have said before it helps. I have to say I like the crop a little tighter, it also removes the unwanted space above the head. A little too dark in places now for me but thanks for the ideas, truly appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X