The Vulture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Vulture

Again this is cropped for a photobook (CEWE with photo paper) I've on the original using a method from Scott Kelbys book on LR4. I'm very pleased with the result especially on how it brings out the detail in the feathers.

WDYT

Andre

Re: The Vulture

I'm sure his/her mother loves him/her. Agree the feathers show up really well.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Creeping looking fellow. Nicely captured image

Tom

Comment

What a scrawny looking bird. Cracking shot though
        EOS 7D, EOS 600D, EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II , EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM

Comment

Thanks for commenting - they are big birds with wingspans of at least 6ft.

Andre

Comment

That is a beautiful shot, Andre - am I right in assuming 300 x 1.4? If so, I think I need one of those!

Andy

Comment

you are right Andy. I was able to take my 300 f2.8 on the aircraft as hand luggage and I added my 1.4 extender. It was the best descision I made on the whole safari. If you can get one do it - ita a great lens

Andre

Comment

Andre, I might just do that and as an f2.8 lens, it would work with my 2x as well to give an incredible 600mm, of course. Yummy.
                Dream, dream, dream...without which nothing would happen!
                Andy

Comment

Working...
                X