Koala waking up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koala waking up

No idea how any animal could sleep like this but we caught this one waking up in the nook of a tree. Unfortunately, they are becoming more rare by the day in the wild, and even though they are most prevalant in Queensland, my experience is that they are very hard to find, contrary to popular belief outside of Australia that they are common everywhere.
    Andy

5D3, 70-200 f2.8L ISii @ 200mm/f2.8. 1/1000 @ ISO 400 handheld

20130210-BNE_1006.jpg by AndyMackie1, on Flickr

5D3, 70-200 f2.8L ISii +2xMkiii @ 400mm/f5.6. 1/180 @ ISO 400 on RRS tripod

20130210-BNE_1009.jpg by AndyMackie1, on Flickr

Re: Koala waking up

Lovely shots of a great little animal, just don't stand too close as it wakes up

Comment

What a great capture. Andy for that one.

Tom

Comment

Love the expression.

Alan
        Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Nice capture. Very sharp and detailed. The chap looks very cuddly.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks everyone, he was a lovely surprise that my sharp-eyed wife spotted as we were driving along a rural road. As we got out of the car, he woke up.

Nat, I think all he's missing in the first shot is a glass of your finest whiskey! Anyway, thanks for your comment and I credit the sharpness of the focus in these photos to the fo-cal.co.uk software used to micro adjust the focus of each of my lenses, with and without extenders. Sure, I have a nice lens, but this software makes it better still.

Andy

Comment

Andy, where can I get more details about this software which helps to micro adjust the lenses? I also presume that if you micro adjust the lenses it stays put with one particular body say with my 5D MK2 and I will have to micro adjust again when that lens is used with my 60D?

The first pic tells me that the Koala is already commotose with the spirit of Bacchus!

Nat
              Last edited by Nathaniel; 14-02-2013, 10:18.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Here you are Nat I believe this is the link you need http://www.reikan.co.uk/focalweb/

Comment

Thanks Ian.

Comment

Very well seen Mrs M and well captured Andy. Love the expressions of complete indifference!

Colin

Comment

Nice shots # 1 great moment to take the shot, not sure about cuddly Nat, seen those claws,

Ray

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks again, everyone. They're such lovely creatures, its hard not to photograph them in nice poses
                          Andy

Comment

Great images and subject matter. It reminded me of a trip along the Great Ocean Road when we spotted a couple but they were quite high up in the tree canopy without a clear shot being possible.
                            Peter

Feel free to browse my
                            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
                            X