BWC Meet Up Photos Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BWC Meet Up Photos Thread.

Well, despite my less than speedy response after stepping up to offer my services as organiser for the Kent/Surrey Border EOS Local Scene HERE we had our first meet up today, and very well attended it was too, thanks all for coming along, I was a little worried that I hadn't really organised anything for once we got there, but we are photographers after all and everyone just got on with what we do best. I think I had a chat with most people, apologies if I didn't but it was great to see you all.

Really hot day, perhaps not the best day to visit the BWC as the animals tend to keep out of the hot sun but there were hopefully still a few opportunities to be had.

Anyway, feel free to post your shots as you would normally in the relevant sections on the forum etc, but thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to shots taken at todays meet so when you get chance please post a couple.

Heres a couple of mine that I'm happy with, still quite a few to go through and sort out.

Managed to catch the Grass Snake at last.

Grass Snake by Secondintime., on Flickr
    EOS 60D, 1/250 @ f/6.3, ISO 125, EF70-200mm f/4L @ 200mm

There were a few times today that I wished I were a frog, sit in the sun for a short while and then in for a dip.

RRiiibbiiitt by Secondintime., on Flickr
    EOS 60D, 1/400 @ f/5.6, ISO 100, EF70-200mm f/4L +1.4x @ 280mm
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: BWC Meet Up Photos Thread.

Peter thanks for organising this, it was good to meet up with a number of folks.

I have just dumped the images onto my PC and exported these to add to your link as I know I will be too busy to do much over the next couple of days.

Thanks to Brian for the loan of the camera body.

Comment

Looks like you guys got some very good images.

Tom

Comment

A couple of my better pics of the day. Any get a pic of the elusive water vole

2013-07-06-British-Wildlife-Centre-008.jpg

2013-07-06-British-Wildlife-Centre-035.jpg
        Last edited by Woodman; 06-07-2013, 21:39.

Comment

Tried to delete post... pictures didn't look good uploaded directly... uploaded from flickr below
          Last edited by Sandra; 07-07-2013, 00:32.

Comment

BWCmeet 045x1000 by TollerGirl, on Flickr

BWCmeet 020x1000 by TollerGirl, on Flickr

BWCmeet 172x1000 by TollerGirl, on Flickr
            Sorry... just worked out how to upload from flickr...

Thanks Peter. Good day at BWC. Nice to put names to faces

Comment

A few from me too. Nowadays I take photos will the intersession of turning them into paintings so they tent to not to be conventional photos.

First photo is on 1DS3 + 70-200/f2.8

Second two are on a 10D + 70-300L

ef-r

Comment

Peter, thanks for organising; we had a really enjoyable day and it was nice to meet some folks. Plus I finished off at the end by doing a masterclass on how not to do BIF! One of the main benefits from my point of view was that my wife, unprompted, made the comment that everyone else had bigger lenses than me. She won't like that...
                A couple of quick images from the day.

My first ever badger, remarkably (yes, I know that grass stalk is annoying).

Badger by AlexR!, on Flickr
                EOS 7D, ISO 200, 1/160sec, f/5.6, 70-300 at 140mm

Deer eye by AlexR!, on Flickr
                EOS 7D, ISO 200, 1/250sec, f/5.6, 70-300 at 300mm

Looking forward to the next one (2015 maybe? )
                Canon EOS 7D
                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Wow... some excellent shots so far!

Thanks Peter for organising the day, well worth it, although it was little on the warm side! It was great to see some old and new faces too!

Here's a couple from me, although I'll pop some others up on a different thread (503 permitting)!

Opera singer!

Opera singer by mikep_eos, on Flickr

and following on from the 'show me your teeth' theme... a close up of the Scottish Wildcat... shot through netting which catches the sunlight.

Scottish Wildcat close up by mikep_eos, on Flickr

Thanks all for a very enjoyable day, and a good start to the Surrey/Kent group!

All the best, Mike.
                  flickr
                  5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Its great to see your shots. Really glad it worked out for everyone. Some real corkers there, nice one.
                    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Looks like you had a good day, it was still very hot when we were there in the evening

Stan
                      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                      flickr

Comment

Looks like you all had a grand day.
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks for organizing this Peter. A great day and gave me the chance to catch up with some members I have not seen for a while.

OK here is one of my efforts. Have to confess it was the first day out with my new toy.. 7D which I bought the day the 70D was announced. Still "playing" with the myriad of settings which are a bit of a handful having spent the last three years using a 50D.

This little guy was just chilling out in the sun.....

7D f/4.5 1/750 ISO 200 190mm 100-400L

Just relaxing by djguk47, on Flickr
                          David

Comment

Working...
                          X