Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger (Sub-adult) May 2012

Bandhavgarh National Park, India.

Another image of this chap was shortlisted by NDTV for their Save the Tiger initiative and was adjudged one of the top ten by Mr Amitabh Bachchan, Actor.(The Great Gatsby).

IMG_0133 Wakeeta's son UL.jpg
    anand

Re: Tiger (Sub-adult) May 2012

Good shot there Anand. Good to see them in their natural environment instead of caged in a British zoo. It is so sad that these beautiful beasts are so endangered.

TomB.
    Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
    L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Comment

Much better colour on this one When framing its always better to place your subject so that they are looking into the frame rather than out of it - ie with this one a lot more space on the left rather than the right

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        Much better colour on this one When framing its always better to place your subject so that they are looking into the frame rather than out of it - ie with this one a lot more space on the left rather than the right
        Stan
        Stan, Thank you for your observation on the color. In wild with so many gypsies (open jeeps) cluttering the available space, too many photographers and excited tourists....repeat tourists..............not wildlife enthusiasts...........getting a good shot is a dream come true. And I have been lucky so far. Most of the times I have been the first to sight the animal and have my fill of enjoyment and images before other vehicles arrive. Will post some videos too. Will there be an uproar on this forum if I post a video of mating tigers !!!!?
        anand

Comment

Originally posted by tombennett View Post
          Good shot there Anand. Good to see them in their natural environment instead of caged in a British zoo. It is so sad that these beautiful beasts are so endangered.
          TomB.
          Thank you for your concern for the Tigers. I appreciate that. I have been obsessed with tigers since my childhood. Over the last two and half years I have been spending a week every 9 months in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve where the above image was shot. I track some tigers and their well being. This is a reserve where you are unlucky not to have sighted a tiger.
          anand

Comment

Working...
          X