Mountain Gorilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mountain Gorilla

Excellent shot and very well done. I'd love to have taken that shot. What a superb close up.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Very well done

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by czwotzit View Post
          I agree to some degree but the big question is that with the money raised from the tourism ( and it does cost a lot $750 per day per person just for the licence to see them) that the money goes to pay for their protection against poachers and also to compensate the local farmers for any damage caused by the gorillas. The locals now see the gorillas as a source of income from the tourists with the local craft shops etc. Its sad that it has to be this way but at least they still exist and their numbers are now slowly growing due to the tourist trade.

Andre
          This is pretty much what Attenborough said in his documentary series called Africa, which was rerun recently on BBC2. It's just one of many projects in Africa to try and turn around the decline of endangered species.
          Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Another keeper in the wild or captivity:
            Alun

Comment

Fantastic shots. What an experience. Actually I prefer to see them like this rather than in zoos.

Best

Richard
              Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Keeping your cool to get that great portrait in the wild is excellent Andre - well done. Old school no corps / no photoshop works really well I think but if framing the shot I have to admit I would be tempted to make the minor adjustments suggested by others

Comment

Working...
                X