Seal Pups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seal Pups

Visited Donna Nook this morning, not many seals left now except for lots pups getting ready to leave. Had beautiful sunshine but some areas remained in shade and it was very windy & cold! I tried out my new camera - a 70D!

I dont post images very often but I do like to look at other peoples work which is very impressive

Redgrape

Seal Pup swimming.jpg

Pup in Creek.jpg

Seal Pup playing in Water.jpg

70D with a 70-200 F4 L IS lens
    Last edited by Redgrape; 19-12-2014, 22:24.

Re: Seal Pups

Cute little fellows

Tom

Comment

nice images - I do like the last two
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

The pup in the 3rd image was extremely active, a bit like a toddler playing in puddles! It kept getting out of the water & then sliding back in & seemed to be having lots of fun. The pups are far more interesting to watch at this stage after their mothers have left. I found the light challenging but left the camera on AWB, still getting used to the change from my old camera which was a 40D.

Comment

Good shots ,I also use a 70d as back up a very capable camera especially in good light

Comment

Last one for me. Have you thought of black and white?
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

I did wonder about that but not sure how to do it. I use Elements 11 but when Ive tried changing things to B & W in the past they never really have that good contrast as you get with old film shots. If anyone one can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Sue

Comment

Ive been playing around and have converted to B & W, comments welcome

Seal Pup playing in Water B & W.jpg

Comment

I don't think it works well in B&W as there no real contrast and the seal is looking a bit lost, sorry not for me

If your interested in B&W check out Silver Efex its very good
                  :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
                  X