Kanagroo & Joey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kanagroo & Joey

I wasn't sure if I had ever posted these before, and a search seemed to support that, so following Nat's adventures in Africa, I thought you might like to see these.

They were taken way back in 2007, with a 30D and a Sigma 18-55 2.8 EX.

I went out 'bush walking' in Western Australia, in 44 deg C , hoping to see some snakes and Kookaburra's.

Didn't see any, although the snakes probably saw me , but I did come across this female Kangaroo with a Joey in her pouch.

She didn't move away, although she was very wary of my presence. I managed to get in quite close, by moving very slowly. Only having an 18-55, I needed to get reasonably close (the picture has not been cropped).

I took a shot with every step that I made towards her, so as least get a shot before she moved off. However, she stayed put, and these were the closest, as I didn't want to 'push my luck'.

I wouldn't have done this with Nat's Lions!!

Dave

Kagaroo and Joey by Dave_S2, on Flickr
    Kangaroo and Joey by Dave_S2, on Flickr
    Last edited by Dave_S; 11-02-2015, 12:35.
    Dave

Re: Kanagroo & Joey

Very nice Dave. I always like to see these "real" wildlife pics taken in the wilds. I too watch all the nature documentaries on TV. Thanks for sharing these. When I have the time, I will try to locate a few of my Oz pics esp the ones in Darwin- Kakadu national park and the jumping crocodiles where one fellow almost took my right arm off!

P.S Do post a few more if possible.
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 11-02-2015, 13:04.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Well done for getting so close, as you said better not push your luck it could get dangerous if to close!

Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Well caught Dave.

Tom

Comment

Took this in Queensland- Kangaroo without Joey, to add to your collection! Hope you don't mind.

img248 by nathaniel.ramanaden, on Flickr
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
          X