Stoat in the wild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoat in the wild

Nipped up to Lee Valley this morning, cold n grey so wasn't expecting much - found a quite spot away from the dog walkers and just sat for 5 minutes, caught a slight movement out of the corner of my eye, lifted camera and:

Wasn't overly enamored with the shot so 'froze' and waited - sure enough a few minutes later I was rewarded with:

And that was my lot - he / she was off into the undergrowth.

1DX, 300 2.8 mkII and x2 mkIII extender. 1/500, f/5.6, iso 3200, 600mm

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Re: Stoat in the wild

That's most definetly a young kitten David ,super capture well done

Comment

What a lovely image David and you did well to capture it

Gordon

Comment

Thank you - did wonder if it was a youngster as it wasn't a great deal bigger than a mouse, just a little longer ;-)

.DAVID.

Comment

What a face really well done

Alan

Comment

Very nice images and often all you see is the back of them as they dash off.
            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Fine for record shots. I have only been able to capture them at BWC

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

we get loads of them in the summer at conway rspb .theres lots of shots on my flickrstream .quite approachable when young

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                  we get loads of them in the summer at conway rspb .theres lots of shots on my flickrstream .quite approachable when young
                  Okay - just checked out your flickr page - mine don't seem that good anymore still not bad for a chance encounter!

.DAVID.

Comment

You did well to capture that David, lovely look in the last two.

Bill.
                    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Well captured David. Like the last two image.

Tom

Comment

i don't want to put out your fire david ,as there not generally a easy animal ,except when feeding young so as i said great capture .but i have to show you this one of mine ,it was blown up to poster size by the spring/autumn watch team and featured centre stage for the whole six programs when it was from the reserve on the east coast ?? they started the show off every time from the office and this was hung centre stage .i did request they forward it to me at the end of show but despite them saying yes it never appeared .heres the pic anyway
                        YES,can i help you (new stoat shots) or another stonking stoat day (EXPLORED) t day by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

Comment

Nice capture David and very sharp too. Quite a change for you from motor racing as well. Well done.
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                            Never seen one to date at the Conwy RSPB other than dead rabbits + bits and pieces of fur!
                            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Well done on capturing that, not something I've ever seen in the wild.The second and third images are not to bad considering the circumstances.
                              Andy
                              Canon EOS 5D MarkIV, 11-24mm f4, 24-70mm f2.8 II, 24-105mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 IS II USM, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS II USM, 100mm Macro, 50mm f1.4, Speedlite 600EX-RT, Manfrotto tripod
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberdavis/

Comment

Working...
                              X