• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croak

A recent encounter @ Dunham Massey.Croak by Derek W C Parsons, on Flickr
    Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Re: Croak

Nice shot but it would have been better if you'd really managed to focus in on his eye rather than his thorax
    From the angle you've shot it I would imagine that would be difficult and if you'd got down more he might have hopped it!
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

As Bo stated about focusing on the eye and a different perspective would improve the image.

Tom

Comment

Yep, quite right Bo. Only had seconds before he hopped it so no choice, and I was using my 700D for first time (that's just an excuse).
        Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
        Nice shot but it would have been better if you'd really managed to focus in on his eye rather than his thorax
        From the angle you've shot it I would imagine that would be difficult and if you'd got down more he might have hopped it!
        Derek

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
          As Bo stated about focusing on the eye and a different perspective would improve the image.

Tom
          Yes Tom must try harder. Shame it did not want to give me the option though, saw me and hopped it
          Derek

Comment

don't you just hate it when the little buggers do that - you need to have a chat with Stan he seems to get things sitting around and posing for him
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

That is a good idea Tig. Next time I will just say Stan here, wait while I prat about and take your picture
              Originally posted by Tigger View Post
              don't you just hate it when the little buggers do that - you need to have a chat with Stan he seems to get things sitting around and posing for him
              Derek

Comment

Stan here, wait while I prat about
                I don't "prat about" , its all about stealth........and a large hat pin to ensure he stays still

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  I don't "prat about" , its all about stealth........and a large hat pin to ensure he stays still

Stan
                  lol...
                  :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I thought it was superglue that he used!
                    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

A good attempt Derek. Yes, one has to be quick on the draw with some wildlife shots. Perhaps if you had used a fast burst you may have got one to satisfy you. Anyway, it is all a learning curve like my "landscape" shots!!!!!!!!!
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Yes Nat, just a mega quick shot it was gone in seconds.
                        Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                        A good attempt Derek. Yes, one has to be quick on the draw with some wildlife shots. Perhaps if you had used a fast burst you may have got one to satisfy you. Anyway, it is all a learning curve like my "landscape" shots!!!!!!!!!
                        Derek

Comment

No Stan, it's me prating about. Get the one with the hat pin though, good tip.

Stan
                          Derek

Comment

Stan
                            Don't think that frog would like that large hat pin

Comment

Working...
                            X