http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Re: Springbok

Originally posted by Stan View Post
      Good composition and reflections James

Another for your talk ?

Stan
      Yes - the problem I have is trimming down the images so the audience is entertained but not suffering from image fatigue - get my drift ? I have lots of interesting mishaps to injection every few images. Have you got any good hints ?
      James
      James Boardman Woodend
      www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Yes - the problem I have is trimming down the images so the audience is entertained but not suffering from image fatigue - get my drift ? I have lots of interesting mishaps to injection every few images. Have you got any good hints ?
        James
        quite a difficult one James

Dee and I did a talk last year on bird photography but that was more about how we went about getting our shots using various images to illustrate the points. I think in a 3/4 hour presentation we used around 30 or so images

I think the main thing to keep interest is variety so I would say what you are planning will work well - a balance between images and stories
        stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Springbok

Nice image James

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
            quite a difficult one James

Dee and I did a talk last year on bird photography but that was more about how we went about getting our shots using various images to illustrate the points. I think in a 3/4 hour presentation we used around 30 or so images

I think the main thing to keep interest is variety so I would say what you are planning will work well - a balance between images and stories
            stan
            Thanks Stan - I think that confirms my thinking
            James
            James Boardman Woodend
            www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

I went to a talk years ago, illustrated with photo's, the guy put up a picture then told us the story about it(added some humour too), about 5 pictures in half an hour, then a bit of question and answer, then a 5 minute slide show, ended up with a last 5 minute question and answers, worked well. He then took orders for pictures at knock down prices and he was called back more than once.
              Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
                I went to a talk years ago, illustrated with photo's, the guy put up a picture then told us the story about it(added some humour too), about 5 pictures in half an hour, then a bit of question and answer, then a 5 minute slide show, ended up with a last 5 minute question and answers, worked well. He then took orders for pictures at knock down prices and he was called back more than once.
                Thanks for that - most interesting
                James
                James Boardman Woodend
                www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Very nice images James.
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                  X