• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot the Dolphin

Dolphin watchers off Aberporth.

erw_160805_dolphin_watch_006.jpg

Re: Spot the Dolphin

as a nature picture it does not really work, the dolphin is much too small in the frame but on another level it does with all the people looking in every direction except that where the dolphin is

stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
      as a nature picture it does not really work, the dolphin is much too small in the frame but on another level it does with all the people looking in every direction except that where the dolphin is

stan
      I agree. I wasn’t sure which section to put it in. It’s also cropped quite a lot as it is.

Comment

I like that lol, right under their noses and they cannot see it.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Not the best quality , and the animal is not dominating the frame , but it is both interesting and humorous , I like it .

Comment

Shame about some parts of the shot as others have said but still very funny.

Paul
            EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
            Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Nice story image

Tom

Comment

I don't think the image is here to be critiqued for its "nature" quality - it is here as a good capture of a humorous situation, as reflected in the title.

Come on chaps - I think it's meant to be a bit of fun!
                John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. I realise the quality isn’t great. I didn’t have time to set up a long lens on a tripod. I just stuck my 35-350 on the camera. As John writes I just hoped it would raise the odd smile.

Emyr

Comment

It definitely made me smile, I like it just for the amusement of it.

Sue

Comment

Yes it definitely done what you intended , and I recon the right type of magazine ect would still be interested in such a comical photo . If you had posted elsewhere , I would likely not have seen it , as the Wildlife section dominates my viewing here , so am glad you did .

Comment

The Dolphin has got the better of the "Dolphin watchers"; what an intelligent animal.
                        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Redgrape View Post
                          It definitely made me smile, I like it just for the amusement of it.

Sue
                          And me, well done for capturing the moment. I wonder what the boat passengers would say if they could see the image

Best Regards
                          Peter
                          Peter

Feel free to browse my
                          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

made me smile, that would be my day on a boat....
                            Kevin

Canon 5D MKIV, Canon 7D MKII, 24-105mm f4L, Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6L MKII, Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM, EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM IS, EF1.4X

Comment

Thanks for all your replies [emoji2]

Emyr

Comment

Working...
                              X