Emerging into the sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emerging into the sun

Captured this beautiful creature emerging from the undergrowth into the sunlight.
    What a jaw dropping moment to see such a creature in its natural habitat.
    Humbled

Ray

Re: Emerging into the sun

Super shot, your best so far. Just a shame about the blade of grass across the nose

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Excellent shot ............ clone out the grass on the nose and maybe burn out the bright leaves in front of him slightly ......... could be a beauty !!!
      Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

Magic shot Doglet. Love the detail in the eyes. You certainly had lady luck on your side to get shots like this.

David
        David

Comment

That is better than good!

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Fabulous shot you should be very happy and proud of that one

Comment

Thanks guys
              I feel now any pic I post will be an anticlimax to this one.
              I still have a few more to come hopefully as good -possibly better
              Ray

Comment

Very few tourists get to 'tick-off' the elusive Leopard on their safaris... your guide did well for you...

I like this; even with the blade of grass in front; shows the environment to a 'T'
                I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
                Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Yes we were very lucky indeed. Our guide remarked that this was the first leopard he had seen this close for almost two tears. So we were privileged.
                  As to the blade of grass, I did suggest to the memsahib that she go and remove it ,but she declined
                  Last edited by Doglet; 20-09-2010, 14:00.
                  Ray

Comment

When I was over there, our guide had found a female leopard asleep in the bush. Very difficult to spot, but you could just define that camouflaged body move slightly, as she breathed in and out. We had been waiting patiently and not making any noise, when after a while a 4x4 with two Americans on board pulled in front of us, let loose with around 200 shots each through their 600mm lenses and then drove off. They were there for a maximum of 2 minutes.

Around three quarters of an hour later, she arched her back and had a good stretch and then came out of the bush .................... with a cub in tow! We had about 5 minutes or so with them in clear light before they moved off.

It was worth the wait!

Colin
                    Colin

Comment

When I was over there, our guide had found a female leopard asleep in the bush. Very difficult to spot but you could just define that camouflaged body move slightly as she breathed in and out. We had been waiting patiently and not making any noise, when after a while a 4x4 with two Americans on board pulled in front of us, let loose with around 200 shots each through their 600mm lenses and then drove off. They were their for a maximum of 2 minutes.

Around three quarters of an hour later, she arched her back and had a good stretch and then came out of the bush .................... with a cub in tow. We had about 5 minutes or so with them in clear light before they moved off.

It was worth the wait!

Colin
                      Colin

Comment

Working...
                      X