Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hare in Stubble

Hi All,

I have been wanting this pic for some while, not totally happy with this, not as sharp as I would like, quite a big crop and not the best pose but it's the best I have so far.

161 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Regards Paul

Re: Hare in Stubble

It blends very well with the background. Well spotted Paul

Tom

Comment

Agree with Tom. A nice picture and I would have been happy with this.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I think you're being too critical Paul, good shot
        Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

looks good Paul

stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

I would be pleased to have captured that shot Paul , I have tried in vain all this year to locate and photograph hares in my patch but drawn a blank
            Steve ( LSINWP )
            1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

The light looks nice Paul , I got a good lot of Hare pics , just not the time to process them . Just a gentle reminder , the Hares have young already in certain areas , not a problem if you sit and wait for them , but if your attempting to stalk them it`s worth keeping in mind .

Comment

Thanks for that, to be honest I just use my Car as a hide and sit and wait, I slip out of the car at the appropriate time to try and get a bit lower but always stay with the car behind me so as not to make a silhouette, doing that I have had them very close to me on occasion. Wearing drab clothes and having something behind you seems to be the secret and keeping still of course.

Regards Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pelliott1954 View Post
                  Thanks for that, to be honest I just use my Car as a hide and sit and wait, I slip out of the car at the appropriate time to try and get a bit lower but always stay with the car behind me so as not to make a silhouette, doing that I have had them very close to me on occasion. Wearing drab clothes and having something behind you seems to be the secret and keeping still of course.

Regards Paul
                  It`s definitely working for you Paul . Noise and as you mention movement are definitely the biggest things they will pick you up on . Out of interest did you find the silent mode on your 7D mk ll ?

Comment

Yes I did, but it drops the rate down from 10 shots per sec to 4 shots which I thought was a bit slow, also it means the camera beeps on focus in that mode, thought that rather defeated the object, so decided against it. I also read that if you start shooting a good way off they become in a way more tolerant of the noise as they get closer, rather than wait until they are close and then startle them with the noise which by then of course will be louder?

Regards Paul

Comment

Cracking image Paul.

Comment

I found my 5D to have a rather loud shutter , I don`t think my 7D mk 1 is as noisy , I also tend to normally have a Wildlife watching supplies rain jacket on my camera , as it helps reduce the noise and camouflage`s it a little better . As you say a bit pointless if it beeps , but surely there is away you must be able to turn that off ?

Comment

Working...
                        X