Yet another one - Roe Deer Fawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another one - Roe Deer Fawn

If I may just add a little advice. If you do come across a fawn under no circumstances touch it or the surrounding vegetation. Grab a shot and move quickly away.

28 - Roe Deer Fawn 128-5 by Trevor Bartlett MBE, on Flickr
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Re: Yet another one - Roe Deer Fawn

Sound advice Trevor , is it not the norm for Roe to have twins ? Another lovely image .

Comment

Thanks Mark, Yes they normally drop twins, not always! Its sometimes difficult to know if a Doe got just one or two. All too often in the early days after birth fawns will be taken by foxes and even buzzards. Last year I found the remains of a fawn at a fox earth. We got a earth with five cubs at the top of the field only two hundred metres from where this picture was taken . ----- Fingers Crossed !
      Trev

Flickr:

Comment

My guess is the Fox would be back for the other , as you say fingers crossed , hopefully it`s an only fawn . Your most lucky having all this wildlife on your doorstep , as envious as I am , I`m glad you share it with us .

Comment

Nice capture and good information with it

Regards Paul

Comment

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Canonboy View Post
              If I may just add a little advice. If you do come across a fawn under no circumstances touch it or the surrounding vegetation. Grab a shot and move quickly away.
              Good advice but for me, better advice would be don't bother with shot, just move quickly away. The welfare of the animal should always come before getting a shot.

John

Comment

Thanks John, good advice. I would add that the advice I gave was general. The pictures of fawns that I have put up recently are within my own woodland, the doe's accept me, they see me every day, the mother of the single fawn will be at the field gate tomorrow morning waiting for pellets that I give the sheep, the doe of the twins will be up behind the shed, again waiting for hand outs. I have the same relationship with my badgers, they come to the back yard every night, I can call them and they will come out from the sett, knowing there's a few peanuts going free.
                Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Quite envious at your large choice of wildlife to photograph. Very nice picture of the fawn.
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Nat, it's taken forty years to get where it is today, I'm very protective of it and the creatures who live within
                    Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Working...
                    X