• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mischief

These cubs were not very old. This one had mischief written all over it

Ray

Re: Mischief

Super Shot & yes your title is more then appropriate - Where did you take it - What did you take it with & How: Hand held/tripod & Camera settings --- Really like the shot !!

Comment

Thanks.
      Taken in the Massi Mara, hand held Sigma 150/500
      Camera Canon EOS 7D
      Exposure 0.003 sec (1/400)
      Aperture f/6.3
      Focal Length 150 mm
      ISO Speed 800
      Exposure Bias 0 EV
      Just back from first ever Safari---Still on cloud 9
      Ray

Comment

Cloud 9 indeed -- "Think" I'm just starting to understand your feelings -- Wife & I are 17 days & a few hours away from a 2 week trip to Patagonia/Tierra Del Fuego -- Sure we wont encounter any big kitties like you did but a couple of penguins and a Guanaco or two would be nice.
        Again I like the shot --- Please send more

Comment

That will be Great. Wrap up warm
          Ray

Comment

Lovely shot Doglet
            I think the shot would work as well if not better with a different crop to exclude the cat entering the frame on the left

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Doglet; excellent pose... I think it's one of the best you've posted so far from your trip... Making me hungry to return to Africa again, as I look out on yet another cold, grey, wet & windy morning in the UK

Ken; Have a GREAT time, and post pix when you get back! This, and an Antarctic cruise are, again, high on my 'bucket-list' of places to visit...

Cheers...
              I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
              Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Hi Doglet Very nice pic. I can understand you not wanting to cut the other lion out. I went out there in 2009 and the masai mara was so dry that it was suggested we went elswhere, as the wildlife had either died or moved.
                Alun

Comment

I Think ---- Having both cats in the frame provides a cause & effect -- Cropping the other cat out eliminates the why behind the look of potential playfulness / mischief

Comment

I like both cats in the picture - adds contextual depth
                    ef-r

Comment

Working...
                    X