Squirrel at park in eastbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squirrel at park in eastbourne

HI this was only my second outing with camera while on holiday in eastbourne
    Attached Files

Re: Squirrel at park in eastbourne

Mark,
    Pretty dam good for your second outing with the camera.

Perhaps think about cropping to a square format with the squirrel off centre to either the left or the right. This would take your attention back to the squirrel and away from the surrounding trees as the Squirrel is the subject of this shot.

David
    David

Comment

Nicely captured in potentially awkward lighting conditions.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Hi colin

Thanks for your comments,took picture very quickly as moving about alot, 20 seconds later he ran up the tree.---also thanks for your help with manfrotto tripod head will go with the 804rc2.

Comment

Hi david

Thanks, just installed photoshop, will try cropping as suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by markypoos View Post
            Hi david

Thanks, just installed photoshop, will try cropping as suggested.
            Hi Mark,
            Have fun with Photoshop and start "playing" with the image.

David
            David

Comment

Hi david

Been fiddling about with photoshop. Cropped photo came up with this, i think much better.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark,
                To my eye I feel this is much better. I can now see him eating the nut.
                As I said before, for the second outing with the new camera this is a good shot.

Well done

David
                David

Comment

Much better shot now that the composition is working better.

The next thing you may not be aware of: Pictures for the web need more sharpening than they would to view on your screen, or print. Therefore after you have re-sized for the web, apply an extra amount of sharpening at least equal to what you needed in the first place. If it looks a little too sharp on your screen, it is about right for the web, because you do lose a little clarity when uploading.

I tend to use selective sharpening. Not sharpening the whole picture, but just those elements of the shot that need to be sharp. I have just had a quick play with your shot in Photoshop and I only selected the squirrel and the part of the tree next to him and it worked rather well. I used unsharp mask of threshold 0, radius 1 and % of 80.

Hope that helps.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Hi Mark, nice shot. I'm trying to guess what park it was. Hampden Park is alive with squirrels. Is that were it was ?
                    Trev

Comment

Hi Trev

Thanks. It was the park down from the pier, under the flyover into the park . a small wooded area on the left.

Comment

Cheers Mark, thats Princess Park with the boating lake etc.
                        By co-incidence, the wife and I had some pics taken there on our wedding day
                        I live about half a mile from there !
                        Trev

Comment

Re: Squirrel at park in BOURNEMOUTH

HI TREV

Sorry to say but it was not princess park. sitting at work today at teabreak, i thought to myself --hold on it was not eastbourne but --wait for it SUNNY BOURNEMOUTH. This is what i get for not naming my folders and jpeg/s. must sort them out.--sorry to give you wrong info.---down from pier under flyover into park wood on left in BOURNEMOUTH. I am afraid you wont find that tree and squirrel in eastbourne --ha ha

mark
                          Last edited by markypoos; 20-10-2010, 15:51.

Comment

Sorry to say but it was not princess park. sitting at work today at teabreak, i thought to myself --hold on it was not eastbourne but --wait for it SUNNY BOURNEMOUTH.
                            Sorry Mark, only Eastbourne is allowed to use the prefix Sunny

LOL Princess Park is about a mile or so from Eastbourne Pier so I thought I’d got it

If you’re ever in Eastbourne and want to snap squirrels, Hampden Park is the one to visit.

Trev
                            Last edited by Trevoreast; 20-10-2010, 16:11.

Comment

Working...
                            X