Famous Grouse ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famous Grouse ?

Is it the famous one lol Stumbled on this little beaut last week, it was so friendly constantly chirping away to get our attention even allowed me to get within 18 inches to take this image as I only had my 16-35mm lens with me. Sorry about the blurred bottom beak it really didn't shut up at all and light was wasn't great ending up with a shutter speed around 1/40

IMG_4362.jpg

Re: Famous Grouse ?

How amazing.

I would have assumed that you would have to call upon many years of fieldcraft even to get within sight of it.
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
      How amazing.

I would have assumed that you would have to call upon many years of fieldcraft even to get within sight of it.

We have seen and heard dozens of them at a great distance, Heads bobbing up and down and the occasional one flying. Dont fancy lugging my my large setup across the moors for them (too heavy LOL) So we where quite surprised when we saw this 100yds down the path and amazed we sneaked up on it to find it so friendly.

Comment

Superb shot ,well done I feel you would have got far better response in the bird section though

Comment

Well taken

Tom

Comment

Well done indeed, lovely colouring, I don't recall seeing a Grouse on her before, could be very wrong of course.

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X