Rhinoceros
    365 - Rhinoceros 365-03-2018 by Trevor Bartlett, on Flickr
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Re: Four Heavyweights

Very good Trev.

The last time I went, we stayed in tents and they were moved as the migration moved. With no fences for protection, Masai warriors patrolled at night for our safety. They were quite happy to move most animals away from our encampment, including lions, even though they were only armed with a stick, but the beast that concerned them the most was the Buffalo. Poor eyesight and a nasty temper made them rather unpredictable, so they approached them in pairs from a distance and made lots of noise in the hope they would leave.

I thought they were just big cows!
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
      Very good Trev.

The last time I went, we stayed in tents and they were moved as the migration moved. With no fences for protection, Masai warriors patrolled at night for our safety. They were quite happy to move most animals away from our encampment, including lions, even though they were only armed with a stick, but the beast that concerned them the most was the Buffalo. Poor eyesight and a nasty temper made them rather unpredictable, so they approached them in pairs from a distance and made lots of noise in the hope they would leave.

I thought they were just big cows!
      What camp did you stay at? know a lot of the Guides from various camps in the Northern Conservancy, one has become a very good friend, so much so he named his two children after us. We always go to his house! (mud hut) when we are there, we take stuff out for them. We've give money in order they can improve the hut they call their Church, also books and pencils for the School.
      Buffalo can be very unpredictable creatures and need to be treated with respect. We were once charged for no reason whatsoever while I was filming. The force it hit the Landrover with was like be hit by another vehicle.
      Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Can't remember the moving tent one, but I often stayed at Kikeche, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I went inside some mud huts, but I recall they were made from a combination of mud and cow poo. Quite dark and smelly inside from memory. I was also a source of some amusement with the Masai for only having one wife, I replied that if they met Mrs C, they would understand why.
        Colin

Comment

Nice set Trev

Tom

Comment

Thanks Colin Tom
            Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Nice set
              Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

super set ,I envy you lads that have had the experience

Comment

Lovely set Trev
                  Steve ( LSINWP )
                  1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Working...
                  X