Adder at BWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adder at BWC

Dee and I had an excellent day today at the British Wildlife Centre although the photography was quite difficult it being very hot and most of the animals not being too co operative, apart from the adders, where 3 of them plus at least one baby were active all day long - slithering here and there meant it was very difficult to get many decent shots. Heres one of my better efforts and the challenge for those going tomorrow - can you get something better

Stan

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Adder at BWC

Nice (even though I just don't like snakes) ... last time I was that close in the open was in The New Forest.

Comment

Stan.

Another good shot! You seem to have a bit of red eye in that shot!

I'm meeting Muscat at BWC tomorrow (Sat 23rd), so we'll see what we get... can't promise anything, but I'll post here if I get anything useful!

TTFN. All the best, Mike.
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Hi!

Taken at BWC - Sat 23rd. Stan... will this do?

Adder in gorse by mikep_eos, on Flickr

All the best, Mike.
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Well done Mike, looks like they were still slithering around though.

Stan

flickr

Comment

Cheers Stan.

Yes, I was quite surprised that I only have a few 'keepers' out of the many many shots I took of the adders! They just keep moving, and the one in the gorse bush was MF, but I quite like it!

Lovely place, the BWC, and really friendly staff! I will definitely be going again!

FOR INFO, both myself and Muscat have posted pics of our visit to BWC yesterday, in the 'Forum meet up and visits' section. It's here!

All the best, Mike.
            Last edited by mikep; 24-04-2011, 11:53. Reason: Added link to more pics from BWC!
            flickr

Comment

I was quite surprised that I only have a few 'keepers' out of the many many shots I took of the adders!
              exactly the same for me, although i was shooting AI servo. I must have taken well over 100 shots and am still getting rid of some i thought were keepers but on second look only fit for the bin

Stan

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                exactly the same for me, although i was shooting AI servo. I must have taken well over 100 shots and am still getting rid of some i thought were keepers but on second look only fit for the bin

Stan
                I dumped over 300 shots last night and will have another trawl through the rest tonight to get rid of a load more, I will also be goingback to BWC

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                  I dumped over 300 shots last night and will have another trawl through the rest tonight to get rid of a load more, I will also be goingback to BWC
                  If it is on a weekday I should be able to go with you. Bit busy at the moment but will be clear in a week or two.
                  ef-r

Comment

If it is on a weekday
                    only open weekdays during school holidays

Stan

flickr

Comment

All

I didn't come up with a firm result on how best to focus on the adders!

Stan - I tried Servo, but couldn't keep the centre spot on the eye / head for very long, so I went to MF and kept giggling the focus back and forth and took burst shots! I still need to practice my technique! I did think of trying to use live view, but it was too bright to see the screen!

Muscat - I took over 500 shots in the end, and have binned well over 400 already, with further trimming to go! Even at this rate, I still think I'll need another external disk for the PC very soon AND another camera battery!

Good day though, really enjoyed it! All the best, Mike.
                      flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X