Deer @ Tatton park- revisited 30th April 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer @ Tatton park- revisited 30th April 2011

All C&C welcome as usual. I used my new 70-200mm F4L lens for these shots- without any IS!!!!!!! The trip was of course a waste of time as I couldn't see the magnificient Stags which I saw last year in October. I presume timing is most important- choosing the correct month.

(i) Running deer-

(ii) Running deer-

(iii)

(iv)

(v)

(vi)
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 01-05-2011, 09:57.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Deer @ Tatton park- revisited 30th April 2011

Love the collection. I was at Tatton Park on 30th as well. I woul have loved to get some shots of the deer but we (SWMBO and the juniors) were on our way to the farm. I have yet to transfer my pictures from that day to the computer, but I may be able to post some soon. Will hopefully get to go back in Autumn, if not before, to see the stags.

Comment

Hi Nathaniel. Nice clear shots stags or no stags. I live in south wales and we have a herd of deer resident in Margam park comprised of three varieries and I have spent ages walking slowly around catching them on camera and almost without exception the stags are the subjects we all set out to capture!

Are you saying that the males are not present in tatton Pk separated ordo some breeds lose their antlers etc!
      Alun

Comment

I really don't know what happened to the stags. I spent a lot of time both driving around and walking into the "forest" to catch a glimpse of them but they seem to have disappeard. Perhaps being a a hot day they must have gone deeper into the "forest". Must go again in the Autumn. I know Margam park very well having lived in Cardiff for just over 25 years, and also visit my friends atleast once a year. At that time, I was not really a photographic boffin with deer,stags etc- I was after more exotic wild life in Africa!!!
        Last edited by Nathaniel; 04-05-2011, 13:03.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
        X