Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the croft next door before jumping into my garden.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the croft next door before jumping into my garden.

I have often seen the "calling cards" of the visitors to my garden but not caught them on camera... until now.

Red Deer Stag-4412 by M Plowman, on Flickr

Fine shot, he looks in good nick
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Nice capture Martin.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Great capture Martin, lovely looking stag. How does it get in I see you have deer fencing.
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
          Great capture Martin, lovely looking stag. How does it get in I see you have deer fencing.
          It's just standard stock fence. What I missed while taking this shot was that another stag was already in the garden hiding behind some trees.

Comment

Great shot Martin, not seen many Reds so far, seems a lot of Roe about.

Comment

Excellent image Martin - he's definitely got that "What are you doing on my patch" look!
              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

A fine shot indeed.
                Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

An excellent shot, well taken.

Ian
                  Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Excellent shot Martin!

I have to ask, do you (and others) find these a nuisance in your garden? I was on the Isle of Arran and I was talking to a local and they hated them being near their homes and gardens etc. You would see them chasing them away. Im lucky if I can get close enough to a deer, so for me I really accept them and if I see one near the house, I certainly want it to stay a while. Please forgive me for any naivety I have shown here .

Either way, it's a lovely imagine.

​​​​​

Comment

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Originally posted by NathCarr91 View Post

I have to ask, do you (and others) find these a nuisance in your garden? I was on the Isle of Arran and I was talking to a local and they hated them being near their homes and gardens etc. You would see them chasing them away. Im lucky if I can get close enough to a deer, so for me I really accept them and if I see one near the house, I certainly want it to stay a while. Please forgive me for any naivety I have shown here .

​​​​​
                      I don't do a great deal of gardening, about 2/3 is allowed to grow wild with just one cut per year, so deer don't really bother me. They do thrash their antlers on my trees and nibble the leaves.

Some of my neighbours have put up deer fences round their gardens but most don't bother.

I'm more interested in what visits my garden - had an otter once but no camera at the time.

Comment

Well done Martin, a very nice captured photo.
                        Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Working...
                        X