Dunbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunbar

Stopped off at lunch time for a quick break down by the shore and was treated to some good conditions and a load of bird activity. Had the camera and monopod in the car so decided to see how close I could get - which was not very! The little finches (?) were more accommodating and continued to hop about not much more than 20 feet from me, but their tiny size meant a fair crop was required.

[IMG]
    IMG_1670 by ^Petros^, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
    Bass Rock and Curlews by ^Petros^, on Flickr[/IMG]

Canon 40D Canon 70 - 300 IS USM

Peter
    Last edited by Petros; 08-02-2012, 16:24.

Re: Dunbar

thanks for posting, but the finch in #1 is really overwhelmed by the stronger colours around it. clearly couldnt get any closer for a tighter crop
    regards
    Donald

Comment

Thanks Donald, as I said I could not get very close so I was happy to get a few shots that were close to sharp even.

Peter.

Comment

Always enjoy shore birds. Would love to visit Bass Rock.
        Bird in number 1 - Rock Pipit??
        Cheers, Chris.
        Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Thanks Chris, not 100% sure what it is - the RSPB bird identifier suggests it may be a twite.

The Bass rock is a pretty imposing feature, was looking good on the day!

Peter

Comment

Bird No. 1 - is it ringed? Can't get any more clear magnification but it looks as if it could have a ring on its left leg.
            Cheers, Chris.
            Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Bird in number 1 a pipit of some kind - it's not a twite, sorry. Not a rock pipit as legs are wrong colour (normally dark in a rock p) so given location it looks like meadow pipit to me

Comment

Hi Chris not sure if it is ringed or if it is just part of its plumage.

Thanks MW - looks like the bird identifier isn't too clever! Seemed quite happy to be splashing about in the rock pools whatever he was!

Comment

Working...
                X