Mute Flypast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mute Flypast

While sitting in my hide waiting for the hare to not show up (!) took a series of a flypast from a mute swan - intention was to get something very simple, almost graphic, and it's been processed with that in mind. Thoughts?

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28298478@N02/6815112890/][/url]
    mute swan by maltwiz, on Flickr

Re: Mute Flypast

I rather like this and it has made the hours in your hide waiting for the hare all worth while.

One of the subjects for my clubs annual competition this year is "Minimalist" so I am now looking at this type of image to give me ideas for later in the year.

David
    David

Comment

Was a bright day which helped - spot metering on the bird, overexpose by one stop then push hard in post-proc - oversaturate the bird to retain the colour on the beak and retain the wing shadow detail. Pleased you like it - sometimes less is much more!

Comment

I can see where you are coming from with this but for me it does not work, the swan is much too small in an otherwise bland frame. Had there been some clouds, colour or other interest in the sky it would have worked better for me

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Each to their own Stan!!

Comment

I like it from an artistic standpoint - ie a picture on the wall
            ef-r

Comment

Thanks Brian - when processed it did so with a view to possible postcard or greetings card so yes a bit artsy!! Plus given that the bird was at least 150 yards away it was never going to be a frame filler! It's one of those where it's pretty much not about the bird - if that makes sense?

Comment

Each to their own Stan!!
                Our differing opinions make the forum more interesting

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Absolutely - be a hell of a boring world and forum if we agreed on everything!

Comment

I like it,perhaps a tad too much sky,but I like the fact it pushes the subject forwards on it's own and is uncluttered
                    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Working...
                    X