Pied Flycatcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pied Flycatcher

Taken this morning near Lake Vyrnwy - normal problem with the Pied Fly is that you see them under a canopy so everything has a green tinge. With no leaves on the trees as yet it's nice to be able to photograph the bird in all its glory

1D3, 500mm f4, ISO400, f4, 1/500

pied flycatcher by maltwiz, on Flickr

Re: Pied Flycatcher

Nice one, but inclined to crop some of the DS off the top

Comment

Ah, Lake Vyrnwy... was there 2 years ago - lovely little lake!

I like the shot, but the left side of the head seems a bit weird! Is his right eye there or not? Better shot of one than I could do, so well done for that!

P.S. When are the Ospreys due back to the Dyfi?

All the best, Mike.
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Cheers both - just cocking its head at me Mike (and keep the best shots for my own use anyway ;-)).

On the osprey front yep both birds are back - she was one of the first back in the UK on a ridiculously early 24 March and he turned up a week earlier than last year on 2 April to get a serious nagging for being late! Check out the pics on the Dyfi Osprey Project Facebook page here - nest cams have been updated to HD so IQ is pretty stunning

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
          Nice one, but inclined to crop some of the DS off the top
          And you see if, as I am doing, you're taking a set of shots that could be used for a magazine cover thes you do need to leave a bit of space around the bird for the text!! Just need find someone to buy the shots of course now!!

Comment

I was about to say that this would make a good magazine cover
            Lovely bird

Mike
            www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Working...
            X