10 minutes at the bird feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 minutes at the bird feeders

It has been hammering down with rain just about all day but the birds still get hungry, these have been taken through the dining room window and rain, images possibly soft as posted via PB.

One very peed off greenfinch

Now where did I put the soap

Still can't find the damned soap

Re: 10 minutes at the bird feeders

Oh I feel for the the poor goldfinch
    ef-r

Comment

Poor wee things
      Our Goldies eat nothing but nyjer seeds

Mike
      www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Ive got a garden full of tits but no goldfinches. Good work..they do look bedragled

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
          Ive got a garden full of tits but no goldfinches.
          I'm saying nothing.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
            I'm saying nothing.
            Thats just the neighbours!

Comment

Rain, rain and more rain.
              Great series.
              I have 7 goldfinches, 2 greenfinches (pair), a robin, 2 collared doves (pair), a wood pigeon, and lots of sparrows on my feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS2 View Post
                Rain, rain and more rain.
                Great series.
                I have 7 goldfinches, 2 greenfinches (pair), a robin, 2 collared doves (pair), a wood pigeon, and lots of sparrows on my feeders.
                Stephen, I live in the woods so to speak, I just dont consistently, get that number of birds

Comment

Blue tits, great tits, long tailed tits, green finches, chaffinches, robins, pheasants, starlings, blackbirds, doves, pidgeons, woodpeckers and more on a busy day.

Probably something to do with the feeders I have in the garden:)
                  ef-r

Comment

Can't beat Brian but this afternoon we had 7 goldfinches, 4 green finches, 3 pair of chaffinches, a wren, loads of sparrows, starlings, the normal pair of collard doves a single pigeon blackbirds and sitting in the tree looking on a green woodpecker. It is amazing what you can get in the grade when you put up a load of feeders with a variety of different food in them.

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                      Blue tits, great tits, long tailed tits, green finches, chaffinches, robins, pheasants, starlings, blackbirds, doves, pidgeons, woodpeckers and more on a busy day.

What feeders and feed are you using? I only get starlings and sparrows. Seen a greenfinch twice and that's it.
                      Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Swoosh View Post
                        What feeders and feed are you using? I only get starlings and sparrows. Seen a greenfinch twice and that's it.
                        Sunflower seed, niger, peanuts and mixed seeds for the floor feeders (like the chaffinch, robin etc)

I do live out in the countryside, with fields, hedges and trees so it is pretty ideal for birds

The most common birds for me are blue and great tits
                        ef-r

Comment

Peter for what it is worth I live on the edge of a large housing estate with fields and a small wood about a 100mm from the house, we use a mix of niger seeds, crushed sunflower and corn with fat balls during the hard weather. It took about 3 years for the birds to buid up in numbers and we have 6 feeders in 2 feeding stations. The birds make enough mess with the seed in the highlevel feeders that the ground feeds get lots of food, I also will throw out handfulls of sultanas and mealworms periodically for the ground feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post

All of the above plus siskin, redpoll, brambling, house and tree sparrow, chiffchaff, yellowhammer coal tit etc - and the odd sparrowhawk coming in to the 'buffet bar'! It's a hard life!

Comment

Originally posted by mwphoto View Post
                              and the odd sparrowhawk coming in to the 'buffet bar'! It's a hard life!
                              What no cats?

Comment

Working...
                              X