Robin & a bit of "crap"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robin & a bit of "crap"

I visited the world famous Bodnant Gardens ( National Trust accolade) yesterday and after a bit of walking around, sat on a garden seat & pulled out my hip flask for the drink that reaches all parts for me. I was starled to see this Robin perch next to me, eyeing my drink. Without much ado, I took these pics with my Canon 60d + 24-105mm F4 L lens. These are some of my first bird pics and all C&C is welcome

(a) Eyeing my drink

(b) I'll pose for you.

(c) Getting fed up

(d) Load of crap alright and left it's signature on my camera bag
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 10-05-2012, 13:33.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Robin & a bit of "crap"

A good first effort Nat - robins are about the only birds that will come near enough for you to be able to use such a short lens !!!

Composition of the second is the best - always leave room for the bird to move/look into and get some eye contact

With 4, I cant see the crap -

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Well done Nathaniel.

Super unobtrusive backgrounds allow you to concentrate on the subject, which is well captured. I'm in agreement with Stan that *2 is my favourite.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Hi Nat. Yes #2 for me. My good lady had an unlucky strike on her camera bag on a recent trip to York. The bird was quite a bit larger than a Robin unfortunatley for me: I had to clear-up the mess
        Thanks for sharing
        Graydon
        Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
        EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
          A good first effort Nat - robins are about the only birds that will come near enough for you to be able to use such a short lens !!!

Composition of the second is the best - always leave room for the bird to move/look into and get some eye contact

With 4, I cant see the crap -

Stan
          Stan, the crap was on my good Lowepro camera bag, which was right beside me on the seat. Interesting to know that Robins are so fearless. Never,ever have I had such luck with any bird (other than gulls of course) Thanks for the C&C

Colin, Graydon, thanks for your C&C. Yes, I too thought that #2 was the best. Wasn't quite sure when the Robin would fly away. Getting ready to go South Stack soon- depends on the weather.
          Last edited by Nathaniel; 10-05-2012, 19:49.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

At least it wasn't a seagull! Agree with other comments - no 2 is excellent

Comment

Diana,thanks for your C&C. I hope other birds (esp birds of prey) will also see my "friendly face "and come and perch by me! I certainly wouldn't mind the "crap"!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                I took these pics with my Canon 60d + 24-105mm F4 L lens. These are some of my first bird pics and all C&C is welcome
                Those images make me think my first 'L' lens should be the 24-105.
                I've recently got the 60D body and am still very much learning; it was a big step up from my 10D.

Comment

Texas, you will not regret the 60d + 24-105 f4L combo!

Comment

Working...
                  X