Dunnock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunnock

Theres been a lot of Dunnock activity in our garden of late so with time to spare before a Dentist appointment, I thought I'd try and capture a few shots.
    This proved easier said than done as they were either feeding in dark shadows under the shrubs or flitting between branches and not stopping for breath.
    With luck on my side I spotted this one in one of the bushes.
    I added a vignette in LR to give a different look
    WDYT?

7D, 100-400L, 1/400 @ f5.6, ISO 400

Dunnock 1 by mike.stephen99, on Flickr
    Last edited by SamFisher; 15-05-2012, 23:58.
    www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Re: Dunnock

Very nice - I know how difficult they are to take as I have a couple in our garden which are proving camera shy - well done
    ef-r

Comment

Yes well captured. I like the vignetting. Thanks for sharing.
      Graydon
      Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
      EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Nice one Mike, I like it and for me the vignette works.

Comment

Good'un, vignette works for me also.
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Really good shot of an LBJ (LiL Brown Jobbey) and the vignette works well, up to a point.

The use of a vignette is to hold the edges and focus attention to the subject in the centre (ish). It tends to work better psychologically if the vignette is there, but less noticable. I use vignettes quite regularly and maybe I am more attuned to noticing them, but what I do is set the vignette on a separate layer and then ease it back on the opacity until it is barely noticable, but you see quite a difference switching the layer on and off.

You have probably already done that and are quite happy with the results, in which case I'll stop typing now!

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Thanks Folks

Colin
              I was playing about with the vignette slider in LR. I wasn't sure if I had went OTT.
              Thanks for the tip. I've never used a vignette before but I think I will again in the future.
              I'll keep your "less is more" method in mind next time.
              Thanks again for your input.

Mike
              www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Working...
              X