Backlit swans in flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backlit swans in flight

More from the dog walks, taken yesterday morning by the River Wharfe.

Canon 7D, 200F2.8L+1.4TC, auto-ISO, 1000sec @f4, spot metering.

1#

Larger image

2#

Larger image

3#

Larger image

4#

Larger image

5#

Larger image

6#

Larger image

BTW, there are two different swans 1-4 and 5-6
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Re: Backlit swans in flight

Very atmospheric

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Bravo - really nice set and would look great as a compilation print - would need a looooong wall to mount it on though ;)

.DAVID.
      Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Lovely set if I had to choose a favourite it would be the last

Comment

Like those a lot! Well seen, and well exposed.

All the best, Mike.

P.S. Does your dog get bored with having to wait for you to take all these great shots?
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
            P.S. Does your dog get bored with having to wait for you to take all these great shots?
            LOL, Jack used to get bored, but now he's 10 years old, he has slowed down a bit and less impatient, while Jess is such a short arse compared to Jack, she will quite happily sit for as long as I do.

Since I had my accident a few months where I tried to fly, and fractured my pelvis, I need to rest after walking a couple of miles (although it's gradually getting easier)I usually walk to the river with the dogs, and sit on the seat next to the road bridge in Otley, that's how I've been able to get the above (and other images), more of an enforced rest than usual. Still, with weather like we have been having the last few days, I can't think of a better place to be at 7.30 in the morning, sitting by a river watching the world go by, before the days heat kicks in.

Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
            Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Working...
            X