Herons in flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herons in flight

After all the naff weather we have been having, my first 'proper' outing with the new lens

All with Canon 7D +300mm F2.8L (+in 5# a 1.4TC) , auto ISO, 1/1000 sec @f2.8 (except 5#-1/1000 sec @f4)

Larger image links provided

1#

2#

3#

4#

5#

6# and one not in flight

Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Re: Herons in flight

Can't fault those Les.

I have always thought that Herons in flight look like Pteradactyls with Feathers.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Lovely pics Les. Will do my best to emulate next time round. I like your Herons in flight very much. My "favourite bird"!!
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Superb

Comment

Excellent Lez
          looks like you are goimng to have a lot of fun and aching arms with the new lens

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Cracking pictures les,
            Very sharp,enjoy your new lens
            Alan
            Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Stunning shots Les,Well worth that investment.

Paul
              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
              Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                Can't fault those Les.

I have always thought that Herons in flight look like Pteradactyls with Feathers.

Colin
                I agree, although do we know for certain pterodactyls didn't have feathers? They're now deciding a number of dinosaurs did so it's not impossible.

Lovely set of images, the geek in me likes #2 because you can so clearly see the aerodynamics of the wing in action. #5 is fun also as the bird looks so clumsy, with an expression that suggests he's hoping no lady herons are watching this landing coming up!
                Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Working...
                X