Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Goose out of water

Hi folks

I haven't posted an image in a while, and thought I'd post an image I took a few weeks ago at the Park of Nations in Torrevieja. This is not my usual subject, as I prefer landscape photography. This goose caught my attention as it was trying to get out of the water and was struggling, this gave me the time to capture it.

Anyways, it was taken with my 7D, 70-200mm f4, 1.4 extender, and the settings were, 1/1250 sec, f5.6, iso 100 and a focal length of 280mm.

All comments welcome.

Re: A Goose out of water

A nice image, I like the detail in the feathers and the water.
    I do think if you brighten the image and add a small amount of sharpening in DPP then it becomes a Wow! image, give it a try.
    I hope you don't mind.

Thank you for sharing, it's good
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your comments, and subsequent adjustments to the image. I agree with your comment about brightness and sharpness, as after I posted it, I felt it looked a bit flat.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John27 View Post
        Thanks for your comments, and subsequent adjustments to the image. I agree with your comment about brightness and sharpness, as after I posted it, I felt it looked a bit flat.
        The are many, many here who are far more experienced than myself but like yourself I felt there was something missing.
        You can do a better job from the original file.
        Those white feathers now (IMHO) look so much better.
        I really like it.
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X