Thats an amazing shot Treff...one to be proud of
      regards
      Donald

Comment

Re: Jay

Really nice shot.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago whilst sitting having a brew on a building site I witnessed a Jay fly in through where the front door would be, down the hallway through the new kitchen extension and out through the rear sliding doors.
          JASON

Comment

Really nice image and certainly one to be very satisfied with.

The Jay has particular fond memories for me. Many years ago (to many to mention) whilst on holiday in Devon I saw a Jay for the first time and it started a interest that lasts till today. Later the same day saw a Yellowhammer for the first time as well. Until then I'd no idea that such colourful birds were in the UK.

My best memory of Jays is at a layby near Tatton park in Cheshire. You could park up open your window and hold food in your hand and things like bluetits etc would land on your hand to take food. One day a particularly brave Jay (normally very shy) appeared from no where and landed on my hand. Not quite sure who was most surprised.

I live in the North West and I'd say that the Jay is now becoming a more common bird in this area on my short drive (20 mins) from work to home I quite regularly see 2 or 3 jays and some of these in fairly urban areas.
            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Many thanks again for all the comments and for looking. I had no idea the Jay is so rare. I have noticed they, I say they because there seems to be a pair of them in a friends garden, follow the squirrel and the nuthatch around the bird feeders picking up everything that has dropped to the floor. I do intend to have another go at then when the weather permits so hoped to come up with a few more in the future.
              Again many thanks.
              Cheers
              Treff

Comment

Working...
              X