Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greenland white fronted geese- Ynys Hir RSPB reserve

Originally posted by Treff View Post
    Yes the Little Egret wins hands down. Nice pic.
    Cheers
    Treff
    The Canada Goose is held in the same regard, down here, as the NA Grey Squirrel...i.e vermin

Comment

Thanks Hughbie,Ian (Deva) and Robin. I do have a few books on birds from the RSPB. Yes, I should have checked the books first before I put my foot in it! Perhaps I was more impressed with the other bird watcher in my hide with his very impressive array of equipment that I accepted his comment blindly!!!

I attach another shot of the little Egret.

Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

What do you mean by '' his impresive array of equipment''.... would you like to expand on this????

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
          What do you mean by '' his impresive array of equipment''.... would you like to expand on this????
          To my simple mind ,he carried a tripod to which he mounted a long,big and heavy looking lens with cameo covers (looked like a 500mm lens), plus of course a large bag;his partner was having another camera and another long lens- looked liked a 100-400mm lens plus of course their very muddy boots.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post

To my simple mind ,he carried a tripod to which he mounted a long,big and heavy looking lens with cameo covers (looked like a 500mm lens), plus of course a large bag;his partner was having another camera and another long lens- looked liked a 100-400mm lens plus of course their very muddy boots.
            Muddy boots are a prerequisite for togging + a big tripod + a beard + hi-vis jacket..only joking..#3 is still the pick of the bunch
            Im going to shoot in flip-flops next week..

Comment

Beware the birder who claims to know everything!! And frankly if he thought the Canada Geese were White-Fronts he wasn't much of a birder, or bird photographer and doesn't deserve the 500mm - haha !! Admit to getting a bit excited over this post as been waiting for the first record of White Fronts hitting us

Nat - will msg you with a few links to stuff I've been doing these past few days - inc results from a visit to Conwy yesterday

Comment

Mark, I think this "pairs" muddy boots and his beard knocked me down flat. I heard him discussing white fronted geese with his good partner. Went to Conwy today but no flying birds etc. The tide was "in". Must check when the tide is "out". Looks as if I have to get down to some methodical and logical planning like in my good old accountancy/audit days!!! Did see another twitcher in Conwy with a very long and big lens on a tripod!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X